Article 1: Application of Terms
- 2. Users are to abide by these Terms, as well as any rules regarding the use of the Service, which may be communicated on the Service’s Dedicated Website or any outgoing emails in relation to the Service.
- 3. If there are discrepancies between the content of these Terms and the rules in the previous clause, the rules in the previous clause will be prioritized.
Article 2: Definitions
- 1. The following terms used in these Terms shall have the following meanings:
- (1) The “Company” shall mean “Eight Knot, Inc.”.
- (2) The “Service” shall mean SanLet’s, a system service that allows individuals (friends, acquaintances or relatives of the Bride and Groom who are holding their wedding at a venue that has signed an introduction contract with our Company) to watch live footage of the wedding, send messages, or send monetary gifts, with our Company’s approval.
- (3) The “Service’s Dedicated Website” shall mean the website that the Company operates in order to provide the Service.
- (4) The “Usage Period of the Service’s Dedicated Website” is between the commencement time of the ceremony and 23:59 (JST), 3 days after the ceremony.
- (5) The “Bride and Groom” shall mean the individual, or individuals, who have officially booked their wedding at a venue that has signed an introduction contract with our Company, and has applied to use the Service.
- (6) “Invited Guest” shall mean an individual whom the Bride and Groom have contacted to confirm the use of the Service as an online attendee, based on Article 3 (Usage Application and Registration as an Online Attendee).
- (7) “Online Attendee” shall mean an Invited Guest (as outlined in Clause 6) who has supplied the necessary information to register for the use of the Service, and has been approved by the Company and the Bride and Groom to use the Service’s Dedicated Website after logging in.
- (8) “User” shall mean an Invited Guest or Online Attendee.
- (9) Registration Information” shall mean the information that a User has submitted during the registration process, along with any information that has been transmitted over the Service’s Dedicated Website.
(May include, but is not limited to: (i) personal information of other Users or the Bride and Groom; (ii) texts; (iii) images; (iv) videos; and (v) other data)
- (10) the “Monetary Gift Function” shall mean the function which allows Online Attendees to send monetary wedding gifts to the Bride and Groom during the Usage Period of the Service’s Dedicated Website, by Credit Card/PayPay/LINE Pay/other payment methods.
- (11) “IP Rights” shall mean copyrights, patents, utility rights, design rights, trademarks, and any other intellectual property rights (including rights to file for the registration of such rights).
Article 3: Usage Application and Registration as an Online Attendee
- 1. The Company will contact individuals specified by the Bride and Groom to confirm whether they would like to use the Service as an Online Attendee. Invited Guests are deemed to have applied to use this Service as an Online Attendee once they have agreed to abide by these Terms and have submitted the necessary registration information to us through a method specified by the Company.
- 2. The Company will use the abovementioned registration application to make an independent judgment regarding whether or not the Invited Guest will be approved to use the Service. If they are, the Invited Guest will be notified with a URL for the Service’s Dedicated Website. An individual’s registration as an Online Attendee is deemed to be complete once the Company sends the notification detailed in this clause.
- 3. The Company may, without the need to provide any reasons for such rejection or cancellation, reject the use of the Service by Invited Guests if any of the following applies, regardless of whether or not the registration process outlined in the previous clause has been completed. We shall not be responsible for any damages inflicted upon Users in relation to these measures.
- (1) Some or all of the registration information provided to the Company are found to contain false information, errors or omissions
- (2) The Invited Guest is a minor, adult ward, under curatorship, or under limited guardianship, and the Company is not contacted by their legal representative (e.g. those with parental authority), warden, curator or guardian
- (3) The Company finds the Invited Guest to be a part of antisocial forces, etc. (hereinafter referring to gangs, gang members, right-wing groups, antisocial forces, and other equivalent forces), or have some interaction, engagement, cooperation or involvement in maintaining, operating or managing antisocial forces through funding or in any other way
- (4) The Company finds that Invited Guest is, or has relations with, someone who has previously violated a contract with the Company
- (5) The Invited Guest violates any article within this agreement
- (6) Any other reason where the Company or the Bride and Groom finds it inappropriate to register the Invited Guest
Article 4: URL and Password Management by Users
- 1. After the Bride and Groom sends an invitation and/or the URL for the Service’s Dedicated Website to a User, the User must not share it with a third party without the Bride and Groom’s prior approval. In addition, Online Attendees are responsible for managing and storing the URL for the Service’s Dedicated Website and their registered password, and must not allow third parties to use these, nor can they lend, assign, transfer ownership, or sell these to third parties.
- 2. We shall not be responsible for any damages arising from insufficient management, incorrect use and/or use by a third party of invitations and URLs/passwords of the Service’s Dedicated Website, which may result in the online wedding footage being watched by those other than Online Attendees.
Article 5: Login to the Service’s Dedicated Website by Online Attendees
- 1. When using the Service’s Dedicated Website, Online Attendees are to access the URL for the Service’s Dedicated Website, and log in by entering their registered email address and password.
- 2. The Company will not be able to respond to any queries from Online Attendees or the Bride and Groom regarding the loss of the Service’s Dedicated Website URL, or forgotten email addresses/passwords.
- 3. Online Attendees shall acknowledge in advance that, when they log in to the Service’s Dedicated Website, their registered name will be displayed as “viewing”, and other Online Attendees will be able to see them in attendance. If an Online Attendee does not wish for their registered name to be displayed, they are to change their registered name to a nickname on their own accord after logging into the website.
Article 6: the Use of Vimeo
The Company makes use of Vimeo in some parts of the Service’s Dedicated Website. Online Attendees are to acknowledge in advance that they must abide by Vimeo’s Acceptable Use Community Guidelines (https://vimeo.com/help/guidelines) while using the Service.
Article 7: The sending of Messages
- 1. The Service has features which allow Online Attendees to send messages to the Bride and Groom over the Service’s Dedicated Website.
- 2. Online Attendees are to acknowledge in advance that, once their message has been sent, other Online Attendees using the Service will be able to view the message and the sender’s name. If an Online Attendee does not wish for their registered name to be displayed along with their message, they are to change their registered name to a nickname on their own accord after logging into the website.
- 3. If a message is found to contain slander, intimidation or inappropriate language towards the Bride and Groom or the Company, it may be deleted without prior notice at the Company’s judgment.
Article 8: Monetary Gifts sent by Online Attendees
- 1. The Service has features which allow Online Attendees to send monetary wedding gifts to the Bride and Groom via the Service’s Dedicated Website. The use of the Monetary Gift Function by Online Attendees is optional. The Company will collect and transfer these monetary gifts from Online Attendees on behalf of the Bride and Groom.
- 2. Online Attendees are able to apply to send monetary gifts to the Bride and Groom through methods designated by the Company. The Company will then accept this application on behalf of the Bride and Groom. The payment of the monetary wedding gift to the Bride and Groom is deemed to be complete once the “payment complete” screen is displayed on the Service’s Dedicated Website. Once the payment is made, the Company will issue a receipt for the payment of the monetary wedding gift on the Bride and Groom’s behalf.
- 3. Each Online Attendee can send between 1,000JPY ~ 100,000JPY in monetary wedding gifts through the Service.
- 4. No changes or refunds will be accepted by the Company for these monetary wedding gifts for any reason. If a refund must be issued to Online Attendees due to unavoidable circumstances, the Bride and Groom is to refund the Online Attendee directly.
- 5. Online Attendees must agree that there may be possibilities that funds in transit or funds pending payment may not be paid to the Bride and Groom in events such as the Company’s bankruptcy.
Article 9: Prohibition
- 1. Users are prohibited from the following:
- (1) Actions in violation of the law or actions related to criminal activity
- (2) Actions that contravene public order and morality
- (3) Slander or threatening actions towards the Company, Bride and Groom, or other Online Attendees
- (4) Actions that infringe upon the intellectual property rights, portrait rights, privacy rights, honor or other rights or interests of the Company, Bride and Groom, or other Online Attendees (includes actions that directly or indirectly cause such infringement)
- (5) The provision of details regarding the functions and specifications of the Service’s Dedicated Website to a third party
- (6) Actions that put an excessive burden on the networks or systems, etc. of this Service
- (7) Actions that may potentially interfere with the Service’s administration
- (8) Actions that involve unauthorized access or attempts at unauthorized access to the Company’s networks or systems, etc.
- (9) Actions involving the impersonation of others
- (10) Actions involving the use of other Online Attendees’ passwords, or the deliberate use of a password by a third party
- (11) Actions involving an Invited Guest registering multiple times, or multiple people sharing one Online Attendee account
- (12) Registering as an Online Attendee on behalf of an Invited Guest whose use of the Service’s Dedicated Website has been paused or voided
- (13) Actions involving the recording (video or sound), screen recording, or the third-party live broadcasting of the wedding footage and archive provided on the Service
- (14) Actions involving the reproduction, modification, reprinting, alteration, editing, reverse engineering, reverse assembling, reverse compiling, translation, or analysis of features provided by the Service
- (15) Provision of benefits to antisocial forces
- (16) Actions that directly or indirectly cause or facilitate the infringements in previous clauses
- (17) Other actions that the Company deems inappropriate
Article 10: Disclaimer
- 1. We shall not be responsible for the suspension, delays, termination, loss of registered data, or any damages arising from the above due to the following factors: (i) war; (ii) riots; (iii) conflicts; (iv) earthquakes; (v) eruptions; (vi) floods; (vii) tsunamis; (viii) fires; (ix) power outages; (x) issues with the computer system or communications; (xi) computer virus infections; (xii) issues with systems provided by third parties; or (xiii) any other force majeure events.
- 2. The Company may terminate the provision of some or all of the Service without notifying Users, if the computer system or broadcasting system required for the Service requires emergency service or maintenance, or if the Company deems the system’s emergency termination or suspension to be necessary. We shall not be responsible for any damages arising from such incidents.
- 3. If the Bride and Groom or User uses the Service, and another User or a third party sustains any damages for reasons attributable to the Bride and Groom or the User, they are to compensate for the damages with their own responsibility and expense without involving the Company in any way.
- 4. The Company shall not be responsible for transactions, communications or disputes between the Bride and Groom and User within the scope of the Service offer.
Article 11: Changes or Discontinuations of the Service’s content
- 1. The Company reserves the right to change or discontinue all or any part of the Service at any time. If the service is to be discontinued, the Company will notify the Bride and Groom in advance, but will not notify Users.
- 2. We shall not be responsible for any damages sustained by Users or the Bride and Groom as a result of the measures taken by the Company in accordance with the previous clause.
Article 12: Ownership
Article 13: Handling of User Information
- 2. The Company may, in its sole discretion, use or publicize any information or data submitted by the User as statistical information in a form that cannot identify an individual, and the User shall consent to this.
- 3. The Company may disclose or provide information or data submitted by the User to businesses that provide services that are necessary for the use of the Services, and the User shall consent to this.
Article 14: Changes to Terms, etc.
- 1. The Company reserves the right to amend or change these Terms (hereinafter including any rules or regulations listed on the Service’s Dedicated Website) at any time within reasonable limits, in order to reflect amendments to the law or changes to the Service. – Any changes to the Terms shall become effective from the time they are posted on this website.
Article 15: Handover
- 1. Users may not transfer, set a bond, etc., or dispose of the rights or obligations under these Terms to a third party without prior approval from the Company.
- 2. If the Company transfers the business pertaining to the Service to another company, it may transfer the following to the transferee: (i) the rights or obligations under the usage contract and these Terms; (ii) the Users’ registered data; and (iii) other customer information. The User shall consent to such transfers under this Article. The “transfer of business” in this Article includes any scenario in which the business is transferred, including regular business transfers and subcontracting.
Article 16: Severability
- 1. Even if any provision of this agreement or part thereof is determined to be invalid or unenforceable by the Consumer Contract Act or other laws and regulations, the remaining provisions of these Terms and the rest of the provisions that are determined to be invalid or unenforceable in part, will continue to be fully effective.
Article 17: Governing law and Jurisdiction
- 1. These Terms shall be governed by the laws of Japan.
- 2. Any conflicts arising from or in relation to these Terms shall be resolved at the Tokyo District Court as the first court of agreed exclusive jurisdiction.
In the event of a conflict between the English and Japanese versions of these Terms, the Japanese version shall prevail.
Date of Establishment: 01 August, 2021
Date of Amendment: 10 June, 2022